Banana 1 kg (ripe)
Jaggery (sharkkara) 750gm
Coconut 3 nos
Ghee 50 gm
Cardamom (elakka) 50 gm
Cashew nuts 50 gm
Raisins (onakka munthiri) 50 gm
- Cook the ripe bananas well.
- smash the banana .
- Dissolve jaggery in some water and keep it on fire.
- grate the coconuts and prepare thick coconut milk (2cup),thin coconut milk (3).
- Heat uruali or thick bottom pan pour 2spoon ghee.
- Add the smashed banana and mix it well with the ghee stir it for 2or 3 minutes.
- Add filtered jiggery syrup in to this and cook.
- Add ghee in between in to this.
- When fully cooked add thin coconut milk and allow it to boil.
- The water content to get reduced.
- Add thick coconut milk (do not allow it to boil)
- Add the cardamom in to payasam.
- Lower flame and heat it through.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins in the remaining ghee and add thus payasam.
- Serve it .